Sunday, September 12, 2010

Show # 4: The Sensational Josephine Baker

Hello show-peeps.  I'm at "Broadway on Broadway" today, so if you've come here looking for some little nuggets of theatrical wisdom from me, the following note will have to suffice:


Yes, I saw "The Sensational Josephine Baker" off-Broadway yesterday (show #4 of 365 in 365 days), as part of the www.emergingartiststheatre.org season line-up.  I thought the show was charming, but it's not anywhere near sensational, especially after my mesmerizing experience Friday night at "Brief Encounter" with my girl Jean.


Here's my advice to you:  For the next two weeks, www.20at20.com is offering $20 tickets to many off-Broadway shows (available only at the theater box office 20 minutes before show time).  Check out the shows that are included in the line-up; if Josephine Baker strikes your fancy, go see it!  AND....make reservations for pre- or post- theater drinks or dinner at Chez Josephine (on 42nd Street at 9th Avenue) and meet Jean-Claude Baker -- one of Josephine's adopted sons and now successful restauranteur.  In true Josephine form, Jean-Claude is sensational!

No comments:

Post a Comment